This week we took some time to catch up with a few of our summer guides who are off exploring different parts of the world. Many guides jump between hemispheres, following the summer sun and job opportunities in exotic places while we live vicariously through their adventures.
- Where are you now? In Tassie (Tasmania)
- What are you doing? Running the business and guiding hard out. (Canyoning)
- Where are you going next? To Switzerland to see you lot.
- Highlight of the last 2 months? Having a few guides I have worked with abroad work with me here is great. Might be able to give you a job next season if you play your cards right.
- Choose an animal which best describes your excitement for returning to Interlaken: Tazzie devil!
- Where are you now? Rishikesh, India
- What are you doing? Trying to find a motorbike to buy so I can ride around for next 3 months.
- Where are you going next? India, India, India..until I return to Interlaken.
- Highlight of the last 2 months? Eventually getting to India after planning to visit for years.
- Choose an animal which best describes your excitement for returning to Interlaken: A lion, as they hunt in packs?! Or a horse....chomping at the bit..ready to find a rider at Truckers Fest.
Baz "Mustard" Robley
- Where are you now? Right now I'm in New Zealand and have been here for 3 months.
- What are you doing? Checking out NZ and catching up with mates. Been road tripping, partying, climbing, canyoning, rafting, kayaking, hiking etc...
- Where are you going next? Heading to Queenstown for a week of climbing and then it's time to leave NZ and stop off in Oz for a week to catch up with mates and go surfing before heading home to Interlaken at the start of Feb.
- Highlight of the last 2 months? Definitely the 200km raft trip down the Clarence river last week. It's normally a cruisy five day class 2 trip with about 30 cubics but turned into a wild and very fast 3 day trip with over 400 cubics of water and some solid 4 rapids thrown in there. Plenty of good old fashioned carnage: swimmers, flips etc...
- Choose an animal which best describes your excitement for returning to Interlaken: Errr, I guess a big ass eagle! I'm really looking forward to getting back to Interlaken, so I can Paragliding.