Welcome to the Glacier Canyon or "Gletscherschlucht"
(good luck with the pronunciation)
Can you imagine how long it takes for ice to carve a 300m deep gorge in rock? It's really quite incomprehensible, and an awesome sight to see. This is one truly impressive feat of nature.
You can now walk 1km into the gorge via a wooden walkway and explore the unique rock formations and tunnels. You will find information points along the way to learn about the unique history of the Glacier Canyon.
This is the perfect all-weather activity for all ages. It's easy to access and can be added to most of your day trips in the area.
(From May to October)
9.30am - 6pm daily
*On Friday the Glacier Canyon is open until 10pm and adds another element to the experience with coloured lights throughout the canyon.
Groups of 10+ people
If you have 10 or more people, there are early morning and late night offers available. All you need to do is get in touch via +41 33 854 12 80 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange it.
19chf - Adults
17chf - Guestcard holders / Groups of 10+
9chf - School Groups of 10+
14chf - Locals
10chf - Childen under 16yrs
Children under 6hrs get in FREE!
*times are approximate, always allow extra time for travel, taking amazing photos and grabbing a bite to eat.
Driving from Interlaken (35mins)
Address for google maps is Gletscherschlucht 1, 3818 Grindelwald
Won't have internet? Now we're talking... A real explorer! Follow the following signs:
1. Start off towards Lauterbrunnen
2. Turn left towards
3. Turn right onto
4. After 270m, keep right to stay on Grundstrasse
5. After 900m, bend right into Wärgistalstrasse
6. After 80m turn left towards D’Linia
Keep on cruising for around 1.4kms and you’ll arrive at the free carpark ????
1. Jump on a train from Interlaken Ost to Grindelwald
2. Take bus 122 from Grindelwald, Bahnhof to Gletscherschlucht
You'll be dropped off right at the entrance and all together it takes around 1 hour
- Take some warm clothes with you, the temperature can drop considerably in the canyon.
- There's a restaurant at the entrance of the canyon so you can grab some lunch or a coffee 🙂
- Unless there's a HUGE storm, the Glacier Canyon is open, so it's a perfect activity for a bad weather day.